We are lucky to have so many wonderful public school teachers in southern Minnesota. I admire their work ethic and the sacrifices they make for their students. I will not stand for the recent attacks on our teachers by Secretary DeVos and the Republican Congress. We need to allocate more resources to our public schools, not less.
In order to improve our education system, we must:
- Support our public school teachers
- Improve teacher recruitment and retention
- Make job training and tuition at all public colleges free. We must invest in our greatest resource, us, so our nation can thrive in an ever changing, highly-competitive, global economy.
- Stop the federal government from profiting on student loans
- Cut student loan rates in half
- Ensure high quality childcare and Pre-K for all children.