I have always been a strong supporter of women’s rights. Throughout my life, my mother has shown me what a strong woman looks like, and I don’t know anyone tougher than my wife. My wife and I have tried to instill those same values into our three daughters as they grow into adulthood. All of the strong women in my life have guided me towards the right path when it comes to women’s issues.
We have made great strides over the past few years, but in order to further improve women’s rights we must:
- Ensure funding for Planned Parenthood, now and in the future.
- Secure equal pay for equal work. It is disgraceful that white women earn only 79 cents for ever dollar a man earns, and women of color earn even less.
- Expand and protect reproductive rights.
- Increase investments in the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program.
- Provide paid family and sick leave to all American workers.